Prior to his "new life" Eggs lead a violent and dangerous life, growing up in foster homes and witnessing a man die after a gunfight. He eventually ended up under a bridge after two stints in jail (for drug dealing, drug possession and assault, respectively) and was taken in by Maryann Forrester and her servant Karl. Maryann promised Eggs he would get back on his feet during his stay with her, but in reality she never intended for him to leave her.
Maryann used Eggs as a weapon, possessing him and controlling him into killing victims of her choice. After Maryann's eventual defeat Eggs understood she had not been benevolent and asked Sookie to help him retrieve his memories. Once he did, he blamed himself for the murders committed by Maryann and tried to turn himself in to Andy Bellefleur. He was shot by Jason who thought he was assaulting Andy. Sadly, Andy was promptly forced to posthumously frame Eggs for Maryann's murderous rampage, seeing as there was no other explanation for Eggs being shot in the head.
Eggs' death had great psychological impact on his girlfriend Tara Thornton, who became wrecked after the incident. Eggs was interred in Bon Temps Cemetery, in a funeral paid for by Sookie.
- Prior to Eggs' death, Jason had never killed anyone before. He would later be responsible for the deaths of Franklin Mott, Felton Norris, Chelsea, and a whole bunch of unnamed vampires in Season 5.
- Shooting Eggs led Jason to be tangled up with the police some more, and eventually inspired him to become a cop himself, which succeeded sometime before season 4 and after season 3.
- Eggs' death, along with Franklin's actions, may have drove Tara away from men and into a relationship with Naomi.
- Maryann picked up Eggs to become her murder weapon. Her real reason for picking up Tara is still unknown, but seeing as she carefully led Tara and Eggs into each other's arms, she may have been meaning to find Eggs a mate - perhaps even Maryann's choice of Tara may have been racially motivated, something Tara emphasizes when saying "Is that a hobby of hers, collecting stray black people?" when she first meets Eggs.
- In the novels, Eggs had a romantic relationship with Tara, that ended shortly after they attended the orgy together.
|Season one appearances|
|"Strange Love"||"The First Taste"||"Mine"||"Escape from Dragon House"|
|"Sparks Fly Out"||"Cold Ground"||"Burning House of Love"||"Fourth Man in the Fire"|
|"Plaisir D'Amour"||"I Don't Wanna Know"||"To Love Is to Bury"||"You'll Be the Death of Me"|
|Season two appearances|
|"Nothing but the Blood"||"Keep This Party Going"||"Scratches"||"Shake and Fingerpop"|
|"Never Let Me Go"||"Hard-Hearted Hannah"||"Release Me"||"Timebomb"|
|"I Will Rise Up"||"New World in My View"||"Frenzy"||"Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"|