- "To me, you'll always be that girl in the white dress. The one who walked into my bar."
- ―Eric Northman, to Sookie Stackhouse[src]
Eric and Sookie, better known as Sooric, is the term referring to the enemy-turned romantic relationship cultivated on the HBO original series True Blood. Sooric is a unique, and popular relationship pairing between vampire Eric Northman and the halfling fae Sookie Stackhouse. They didn't interact too much until Season 2, when Sookie agrees to help Eric find his maker. As the show progresses, Eric begins to show love and affection towards Sookie, and does everything he can to protect her, even if it means putting her life before his.
Sookie Stackhouse is a waitress who was working for Merlotte's Bar and Grill and Eric Northman was a vampire of Scandinavian origin.
Season 2EditIn Season 2, Eric enlists the help of Sookie to find his maker, Godric. She agrees to help him find Godric. After finding Godric, Eric helps Sookie escape Steve Newlin, and later tricks Sookie into drinking his blood, establishing an unbreakable bond between them. She is furious with him at first but starts to get close to him.
Season 3EditIn Season 3 Eric becomes one of the first people to find out about Sookie's faerie abilities. He also becomes more protective of Sookie. Although Sookie continues to choose Bill over Eric, she is still drawn to Eric and starts to have many sexual dreams of him. They share their first kiss in the Season 3 episode "I Smell a Rat". At the end of Season 3, Eric tells Sookie the truth about Bill Compton's original intentions. For her own protection, he decides to always tell Sookie the truth.
Season 4EditIn Season 4, after Sookie went missing for a year, Eric bought Sookie's house and renovated it with the hope that she's still alive. He even told Sookie that he never gave up on finding her when everyone else did. When Eric gets his memories taken away by Marnie Stonebrook, Sookie decides to help him by letting him live in her house. Sookie starts to see a new side of Eric, and soon starts to fall in love with him. They have sex for the first time in the Season 4 episode "I Wish I Was the Moon". When Eric gets his memories back, he tells Sookie that he remembers their relationship and declares his love for her. Sookie admits that she's fallen for him, but that a part of her still loves Bill. At the end of Season 4, Sookie decides to not be with either Bill or Eric, as she loves them both too much.
Season 5EditIn Season 5, Eric and Bill come to Sookie for help in finding Russell Edgington. Sookie agrees and they go to an abandoned hospital to seek information and find hostage humans. They are then caught by the Vampire Authority, who instruct Eric and Bill to glamour Sookie and Alcide to forget their involvement. Bill "glamours" Sookie while Eric proceeds to glamour Alcide. He tells Alcide to protect Sookie with his entire life and to not touch her in any way, romantically speaking. Towards the end of the season, Eric convinces Sookie to come save Bill from Lilith. Sookie agrees and Eric sneaks her, Jason Stackhouse, and Tara Thornton in as prisoners. While Jason successfully slaughters many of the vampire guards in the building, and Tara frees Pam, Eric and Sookie go to find Bill. Sookie tries to persuade Bill not to become "Billith" but he refuses to listen and drinks all of Lilith's blood. Bill suddenly turns into a blood-covered monster, and chases Eric and Sookie as they run for their lives.
Season 6EditSeason 6 opens with Eric and Sookie running inside the elevator, but it suddenly appears to break down. Sookie uses her fae light to find a way out of the elevator. Eric rips the elevator's ceiling off and tries to punch it open. They make it out of the building and arrive to the front of the burning building in Eric's car. They pick Jason, Tara, Pamela Swynford de Beaufort and Jessica Hamby up as they watch Bill emerge from the ashes of the building. Later on, Sookie takes Jessica to Bill's house, with Eric and Nora Gainesborough behind her. Bill suddenly slams Eric against the wall pole and nearly chokes him to death before Sookie drives a stake through Bill. Due to Lilith's blood, Bill is able to pull the stake out without being harmed. Eric walks Sookie home, and mentions how she staked Bill to save him. Sookie says that Bill's not the only one that changed and that she's not the same girl she used to be. Eric then tells Sookie, that she'll always be "that girl in the white dress" who walked into his bar. Sookie thanks Eric for walking her home, and Eric decides to return Sookie's house for her own protection. Sookie thanks him and quietly rescinds his invitation to her house, as she wants to have a normal life again. Nora waits outside Sookie's porch and Eric tells her that they won't include Sookie in their plans from now on. Nora remarks that Eric's in love with Sookie and that she may have found his weakness. Eric tells Nora to not "stir this pot" and they both leave.
Season 7EditIn Season 7, Eric comes to see Sookie one more time as he is dying from the Hepatitis V virus. Sookie is happy to see Eric and runs up and hugs him, when she sees the dark veins on his chest she is devastated claiming that he can't die on her. As Eric holds Sookie he further tells her about his travels after the events of Season 6, stating that he thought he might see the world "one last time." He wipes away a tear on her cheek. When the group arrives at Fangtasia, as weak as Eric is, he tries his best to help Sookie save her friends from Hep V vamps. After Eric drinks the cure from Sarah Newlin's blood, he comes to see Sookie to let her know that he's alright. Sookie is rejoiced, but informs him that Bill is sick. Eric promises to help Bill. Sookie then sneaks Bill and Jessica into Fangtasia's basement where Eric holds Sarah Newlin captive. Sookie tells Bill to drink her blood, but he refuses. Eric holds Sookie as she cries into his chest. Sookie tells Eric to try to convince Bill to take the cure. Later in the season, Eric meets Sookie outside of Bellefleur's Bar and Grill to talk to her about Bill's decision. He tells her that Bill's made up his mind and that she should let him go. Eric then flies Sookie to her house. She remarks that she's never seen Bon Temps from high above. Sookie invites Eric in, but he says goodnight and turns around to fly home. The next day, members of the Yakuza speed their way to Sookie's house to kill her since she's aware of the cure. Eric kills them before they get to her house. It's implied by cast and crew members that Eric will continue to look after Sookie.
- In the books, Eric and Sookie are married for a brief time.
- Eric and Sookie are one of the most popular couples of the show
- Both Sookie and Eric come from royal bloodlines.
- Though Eric comes from a Human royal bloodline, Sookie comes from a Faerie royal bloodline
- Sookie was the first to say "I Love You" to Eric
- Eric says "I Love You" to Sookie for the first time in the Season 4 episode "Burning Down the House"
- Eric and Sookie have won a number of polls:
- They won the 2009 People's Choice Poll for 'Who Sookie Should Stay With' 
- They won the 2010 Popsugar poll for 'Who Should Sookie Be With?' 
- They won the poll for 'Sexiest Vampire Hookup' of 2010. 
- Their kiss in the Season 4 episode "Me and the Devil" was ranked TV Guide's Top Moment of the Week. 
- Eric and Sookie were named in Huffington Post's 'Best TV Kisses of 2011' 
- Their sex scene was ranked #4 by Entertainment Weekly for '25 Sexiest TV Scenes'. 
- Their sex scene in the woods was declared 'True Blood's Sexiest Scene of All Time'. 
- They won a Hollywood Life Poll for True Blood's 'Most Rooting Couple of Season 5'. 
- Daily Life ranked them #1 in 'TV's Best Kisses of All Time.' 
- Their goodnight scene in the Season 6 episode "Who Are You, Really?" was declared scene of the week. 
- Eric and Sookie are on Wikipedia's list of fictional supercouples. 
- They won a Wetpaint Poll for 'True Blood Season 7 Speculation: Who Will Sookie End Up With?' 
- They won the TV Line True Blood Finale Poll for 'Who Sookie Should End Up With'. 
- Before dying, Godric tells Sookie to look out for Eric.
- Sookie is shown to be the only human to have ever sat on Eric's throne in Fangtasia.
- They shared their first kiss in the Season 3 episode "I Smell a Rat".
- Eric never gave up on finding Sookie when she went missing for a year.
- They have sex for the first time in the Season 4 episode "I Wish I Was the Moon".
- It's mentioned several times throughout the show that Eric's still in love with her.
- Eric bought Sookie's house after she went missing for a year and built himself a cubby.
- He later returned the house for Sookie's safety.
- They lived together throughout the course of Season 4.
- Sookie is one of the very few people whom Eric cares about.
- Sookie staked Bill (knowing he would die) to save Eric in the Season 6 episode "Who Are You, Really?", showing that she still loves him.
- In the same episode, Nora discovers that Eric is still in love with Sookie
- Stephen Moyer thinks that Eric will always watch over Sookie. 
- ↑ http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/polls/poll.jsp;jsessionid=BA176430DB84C84361FC9278929D24DD.app-05-prd1?pollId=30300034&fromProfile=LizzieHart
- ↑ http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/True-Blood-Poll-Who-Should-Sookie-Stackhouse-Date-10041865
- ↑ http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/sexy-pics-2010-vampires-true-blood-twilight-breaking-dawn/
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/News/Top-Moments-True-Blood-1035814.aspx
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/30/best-tv-kisses-of-2011_n_1176297.html#s580945title=Eric__Sookie
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20514533,00.html#20996111
- ↑ http://www.wetpaint.com/true-blood/articles/was-eric-and-sookies-sex-scene-the-hottest-one-on-true-blood-ever
- ↑ http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/06/18/true-blood-season-5-couples-pics-sookie-eric-bill-alcide/
- ↑ http://www.dailylife.com.au/photogallery/life-and-love/tvs-best-kisses-of-all-time-20131101-2wmgz.html
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/scene-of-week-june-22-2013-poll.html
- ↑ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_supercouples
- ↑ http://www.wetpaint.com/true-blood/articles/2013-09-06-season-7-speculation-sookie
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2014/08/20/true-blood-series-finale-sookie-choice-bill-eric/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_smoyer/status/503797966357139456