Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|F**k the Pain Away|
|Season 6, Episode 5|
|Air date||July 14, 2013|
|Written by||Angela Robinson|
|Directed by||Michael Ruscio|
"Don't You Feel Me"
Wanting to finally learn the truth about her past, Sookie recruits Lafayette to summon her dead parents; Warlow revisits some painful memories with Lilith; Eric and Tara resort to drastic measures to rescue Pam; Jason reconnects with Sarah Newlin; Andy picks up the pieces of his ravaged family.
"I don't understand why vampires feel the need
to lie to me, hunt me, to terrorize me in my own home."
― Sookie Stackhouse, expressing her displeasure with the vampire species
- The dialogue in the flashback scene is Arabic, although its use is technically anachronistic, since that language probably didn't develop in a recognizable form until the Common Era. Therefore, its use is likely a stand-in for whatever Proto-Semitic language was actually being spoken in the 4th millennium BCE (Biblical Hebrew would have also been a suitable choice).
- The use of Arabic seems to confirm that vampires in the True Blood universe originated in the Ancient Near East, which the use of Lilith, a Semitic mythological figure, had already suggested.
- Specifically, the flashback might be set in the northern or western parts of the then-lush Fertile Crescent, where Proto-Semitic would have been spoken. The southern and eastern parts of the Fertile Crescent would have spoken Sumerian, a totally unrelated language.
- Lucy Griffiths and Kelly Overton are credited and do not appear.
"Fuck The Pain Away" - Peaches
- "Get the fuck off me or die, Warlow."
- "No, you're right, I don't understand. I don't understand why vampires feel the need to lie to me, hunt me, to terrorize me in my own home."
- "You're a filthy fuckin' liar. You all come in here and you say you love me and you want me but you just want to fuck me and own me and use my fucking blood. Well get it through your head. I'm not yours or anybody's, none of you know shit about love."
- "Oh great, now you want to save me too? I thought I was dead to you, Bill Compton?"
- "I need to find my way back to the truth and I'm going to need you're help to do it."
- "I've spent my whole life wanting to know what happened the night my parents were killed, it never occurred to me to ask them direct."
- "Mom, Dad, I found out you were murdered by a vampire named Warlow. He's here. Did you all try to kill me?"
- "You were going to kill me, all this time I thought you loved me but you were going to take my life. What kind of love is that?"
- "You are my intended. I've wandered this earth for millennia in misery and solitude waiting for you, dreaming only of you."
- "On the night your parents were killed, they were trying to kill you. I saved you."
- "If you're the Bill that's been harassing Sookie, you best get out of here before I kill you."
- "Sookie is a faerie, her blood is royal as is mine. It's been passed down through our line for millennia."
- "Your ancestor John Stackhouse entered into a contract with me, promising me the first female born fae of his clan. I am a prince, and I will make Sookie a princess. It's the way our tribe has done it from the beginning of time."
- "I will make your daughter immortal. She will never have to fear death. You can die in peace knowing she will never have to do the same. I will protect her forever. When she is of age I will come back for her."
- "You need him, and me to save the vampire race. Well I wish the vampire race extinction, I wish you extinction!"
- "You should have just stayed dead."
- "You're high! You drank four faeries, faerie blood makes vampires high."
- "You already have. As your maker, I command you to follow me."
- "I made you into our salvation."
- "I told you not to go back, you chose not to believe me. What were they to you anyway?"
- "You didn't need them, you had me. You were destined for great things, you are destined for great things."
- "And yet here you are and here I am just as was foretold. Please spare him, we need him."
- "God spoke to me of a creature like you. You are destined to save vampire kind."
- "Evening fellas, I am looking for a vampire by the name of Pamela Swynford De Beaufort. Has anyone seen my friend Pam? I guess not."
- "Alright Governor, give me something to kill."
- "When my daddy finds out what you just said to me he's going t-"
- "It tasted so fucking good, I feel like I want to have sex or die or die while having sex."
- "I'm a fucking monster, I deserve to burn for what I did."
- "I did an unspeakable thing, and I don't know why god doesn't strike me down right now, unless god is Bill. I don't know, I don't know anything."
- "Jason has my blood in him, he couldn't stop wanting me even if he tried."
- "I always hated the fucking Book of Mark!"
- "Tara, thank God you're here, they put me in a white room with racket balls and they fuckin' shot me."
- "Steve Newlin's ex called me a demon whore. I ate four faerie girls and I am so fucked up."
- "Don't say that it was in my nature or that I couldn't help it, I killed them because I wanted to. This hunger in me is never going away is it?"
- "All in the name of science, huh?"
- "Hold the fuck up, am I in therapy?"
- "The one where y'all have the vampires fucking under that hideous fluorescent lighting. Put me in that room and I will fuck somebody for y'all."
- "Your insignificance to me cannot be underestimated. You are food, nothing else. Not even good food you reek of tuna fish. Truth is, I care more about the life of that tuna you ate than I care about you."
- "I like to think of myself as especially unremorseful but I doubt any of us gives a fuck."
- "You humans love your pain don't you? You just love being in it. You even consider it a virtue. Cry the most at a funeral, you must be the best person. You promise to never forget each other, you promise to feel the sting of loss forever because for y'all forever is just the blink of an eye. Your lives are pathetically brief. When we say forever we have to mean it. So we move past our pain, we heal, we move on because pain is a worthless emotion. For a time my maker was everything to me, he released me, it hurt. But now I'm over it, he's nobody to me."
- "I'm going to find us a way out of this."
- "You tell your parents about the werewolves and the wolves kill your parents."
- "I guess that's good because Steve turned out to be a gay vampire."
- "My soul is doing just fine on its own."
- "Listen, you always seem like a nice lady, aside from the crazy and the hate but I ain't just the same dumb kid you met at the Fellowship."
- "This feels pretty damn heterosexual."
- "Look Jess, I don't hate you, my head's been kinda screwed up but I feel better now."
- "There were times, hell yeah, definitely love. It just got so screwed up with Hoyt and everything."
- "Hey Sook, listen, I messed up real bad with Jessica and I gotta go fix it. I just got so bent out of shape the last couple of days, hatin' on vampires but that ain't who I am and that ain't who I want to be so I'm going to make it right. Anyway you're in safe hands with Niall. I will see you soon."
- "The vamp cops, they got Pam. They took her away in one those fuckin' paddy wagons."
- "No, but my mom sure did, she would see the devil in everything. The devil is on the tv and in rock n roll and in your heart."
- "Sarah, I can't replace her. That's my little girl, Willa, waiting for me in that van down there. I was in the delivery room when she came out, I was the first one to hold her, I was the first one to kiss, I was the first one to say her name."
- "Your gay vampire ex, that's my surprise?"
- "No, fuck you, you dead fuck. Fuck you for taking my baby girl away from me, fuck you for killing her, and fuck you for leaving me no choice but to intern her here."
- "What did you think, that if you turned my angel into the very thing I most despise I would abandon my principles? I don't change my mind."
- "Vampire Bill! Come in here and answer for your crimes!"
- "Come here sweetie pie, you're gonna be okay, daddy is gonna make you okay."
- "She said it was Jessica who attacked her, and killed her sisters."
- "Bill Compton is behind this. I'm going to go put a wooden bullet through his cold dead heart."
- "Jessica? But she's such a nice vampire."
- "I'm just saying, I don't know, maybe this was just some kind of terrible accident."
- "No you are not, Bill is stronger than you, okay. You go over there halfcocked on some macho revenge mission you will lose and you will die. And that faerie girl over there, she won't have nobody."
- "I'm calling off the search party, as far as anyone is going to know, those girls went back to their mama."
- "How would you like to kill me?"
- "She wants me to cover it up and go on like nothing ever happened but I can't do it no more, Justin."
- "Thank you, just give me a couple days to get my affairs in order and after that it's up to you, I just don't want to know it's coming."
- "I had to learn the hard way, once they're turned, they're gone. You and me, we are just going to need to move on."
- "Truman, we are a team and when I came to you to offer my resources, my connections, my money and my love, you said nothing would separate us."
- "Do not take me for granted, that is what Steve did and I won't have it. When a girl comes to you in black lingerie you unwrap her."
- "I would say to myself, "Sarah, that Jason Stackhouse did you wrong," and I would pray to the Lord to wipe all those sinful thoughts about you right out of my head. Then I realized something, I failed you. I was supposed to help you see God's light but I let my petty broken heart get in the way."
- "I've been with a gay guy, and an old guy. Jason Stackhouse, I have never felt more holy than when I was with you and I truly believe God wants me to fuck you."
- "I am not Steve Newlin's ex wife, I am my own person."
- "You're a demon whore!"
- "I called the LAVTF on your vamp slut, say goodbye to her forever."
- "Haven't you seen Gladiator? Fuckin' fight!"
- "You have a messed up talent for finding the good in every creature you meet but you can't be buying what this motherfucka is selling."
- "Now you sure you want to do this? Ignorance is bliss for a reason."
- "They don't wanna come Sook. I don't know some dead folks just want to stay dead. Hold up, oh shit they here."
- "I'm your daddy, Sookie!"
- 'Hello, Governor, Oh, I think you are going to come to appreciate me. Have a seat Governor, enjoy the show."
- "I provided the intel."
- "I'm my own man and I'm my own wolf and I'm your packmaster! I want you to get up and get the fuck out of my life!"
- "I wish I coulda been a better father for you when you was a little pup. I wish I coulda been someone you could be proud of because I've got some wisdom in my years and if you weren't so hell bent on being angry at me you might benefit from it."
- "That's funny, I don't remember ever joining your pack."
|Episode #||Episode Title||Viewers (in millions)|
|#6.05 (65)||"F**k the Pain Away"||2.50|
|True Blood Season 6|
|<< Season 3 • << Season 4 • << Season 5||Season 7 >>|
|#01 "Who Are You, Really?"||#06 "Don't You Feel Me"|
|#02 "The Sun"||#07 "In the Evening"|
|#03 "You're No Good"||#08 "Dead Meat"|
|#04 "At Last"||#09 "Life Matters"|
|#05 "F**k the Pain Away"||#10 "Radioactive"|