Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Ghost is the disembodied spirit of a deceased animal or person that can appear in a visible manifestation to the living. On the HBO original series True Blood, ghosts possess many powers, and play an important role in the series' fourth, fifth, and sixth seasons.
Ghosts are the disembodied spirits of deceased animals or people.
Antonia Gavilán de Logroño is one of the first official ghosts to appear in the series. After the brutal death she experienced in the year 1610, Antonia carried all of the hate and pain that she felt towards the vampires with her into the afterlife. Because of this, Antonia spent the last 400 years bound to the earth as a ghost, forced to watch as the world moved on without her. It was not until Antonia let go of her pain that she was finally able to find peace in death.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Exorcism - Ghosts can remove or exorcise other ghosts from the bodies of those they possess.
- Immortality - Ghosts are truly immortal and will exist forever and never die.
- Intangibility - Ghosts cannot physically feel nor can they be physically felt, unless they are given a physical foothold in the land of the living.
- Invisibility - Ghosts are unable to be seen by the living, unless the ghost chooses to be seen.
- Possession - Ghosts can control and influence the body and mind of a living being.
- Precognition - Ghosts or spirits have some degree of precognition so they can foreseen future events.
- Shapeshifting - Ghosts can take any form they choose, but will more than likely choose to look similar to how they appeared in life, at least to not confuse the living who knew them.
- Supernatural Powers - Supernatural beings carry their powers with them into the afterlife.
- Telekinesis - The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Teleportation - The act of transporting ones self from one location to another by supernatural means.
- Halloween, also known as Samhain, is the one night a year when the dead are able to interact with the living.
- Holly Cleary stated that when a ghost reaches the corporeal plane, the smell of ozone is given off. ("Somebody That I Used to Know")
- While mediums have the power to communicate with the ghostly souls that are trapped on earth, it appears that they can also summon the spirits of those who have already entered heaven. This was proven after Marnie Stonebrook was able to contact the spirit of Adele Stackhouse, in spite of the fact that Adele had already found peace.
- Witches can feel an electrical charge when there is spirit activity near them. ("Somebody That I Used to Know")