|"Keep This Party Going"|
|Season 2, Episode 02|
|Air date||21 Jun 2009|
|Written by||Brian Buckner|
|Directed by||Michael Lehmann|
"Nothing but the Blood"
After making up with Bill, Sookie suggests that he take it a little easier on Jessica as she is just a teenager. Bill tries to convince Sookie that a vampire as new as she is not capable of controlling her impulses and that she could be dangerous, however he attempts to buy Jessica some new clothing. At the retail shop, he is approached by a saleswoman, then eventually by Eric.
En route to the Light of Day Institute Leadership conference Jason becomes fast-friends with an anti-vampire zealot named Luke. After Jason makes a good impression on Steve Newlin (and Sarah Newlin in particular), Luke’s good nature friendship turns to bitter jealousy. He tells Jason that he doesn’t belong there.
Eric demands from Bill that he and Sookie help in finding a vampire sheriff named Godric who has gone missing in Dallas. Meanwhile, Tara finds out more about Eggs' past as a criminal and he makes it clear that he is interested in her.
After a failed attempt to escape from the basement of Fangtasia, Lafayette is badly injured and asks Eric, Pam and Chow to turn him into a vampire. Fangs bared, all three of them ferociously bite him. Jessica realizes she misses her family after her parents, who think she has just gone missing, appear on TV. She asks Sookie to take her to see her family and Sookie agrees, on the condition that Jessica stay in the car. Although she agrees, Jessica eventually ignores Sookie and drops in on her old family.
When her father comes home, he angrily accuses her of putting the family through hell, and even though Sookie tries to stop her, Jessica attacks her father. She threatens to kill him for all the times he beat her. Bill shows up and glamours his way into the house just in time. Bill throws Sookie out of the house barking at her that he has to "clean up her mess".
- This episode continues the tradition of putting food as a subject of every second episode. Maryann seems to have stayed at Merlotte's the whole day and surprisingly consumed every plate off the menu.
- "Skin ‘Em Up" - Extreme Music (Eric interrogates Lafayette)
- "Forty Years Down The Road" - Black Toast Music
- "God Bless Texas" - Little Texas
- "I Can See It" - Music Box
- "Lighten Up" - Willie Lomax
- "Jesus Asked Me Out Today" - Amanda Jane and The God Rockets
- "Not Coming Down" - Messy Music
- "You’re Gonna Miss Me" - 5 Alarm Music
- "Wanna Cause Some Trouble" - Craig Stull
- "One and Only" - Black Toast Music
- "One Monkey Don’t Stop The Show" - Sonny Terry
- "Keep This Party Going" - The B-52s
- "Deeper Into You" - Johnny Hazzard
- "You Did (Bomp Shooby Dooby Bomp)" - Chuck Prophet
The tile and the song may refer to the general feeling that things stir up in Bon Temps and also it could easily describe the party that Maryann was ready to set in Merlotte's.
- "Is there blood in my hair?"
- "Your human is getting cocky."
- [imitating Bill] "Jessica, I have errands to run. Errands that do not require your presence, so remain here and do your best to stay out of trouble."
Eric: "Good evening, old sport."
Eric: "It's the new me. You like?"
Bill: "I do. Very much."
Eric: "We made a deal, your human and I, that if I didn't kill anyone, she would work for me as often as I like. Now, you remember this, don't you? You were there."
Bill: "Taking her cross state lines is a far cry from taking her to Fangtasia for the evening."
Eric: "I'm only asking your permission out of respect. If I want her, I can simply take her. Is "no" your final answer?"
Bill: "It is."
Eric: "Poorly played, Bill."
Pam: "I thought prostitutes were good at keeping secrets?"
Lafayette: "Oh, don't get it twisted honey cone. I'm a survivor first, capitalist second and a whole bunch of shit after that. But a hooker, dead last! So if I've got even a Jew at an Al Qaida pep rally's shot at getting my black ass up out of this motherfucker, I'm taking it!"
|True Blood Season 2|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >> • Season 4 >> • Season 5 >>|
|#01 "Nothing but the Blood"||#07 "Release Me"|
|#02 "Keep This Party Going"||#08 "Timebomb"|
|#03 "Scratches"||#09 "I Will Rise Up"|
|#04 "Shake and Fingerpop"||#10 "New World in My View"|
|#05 "Never Let Me Go"||#11 "Frenzy"|
|#06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"||#12 "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"|