|Merlotte's Bar and Grill|
|About Location||Owned by Sam Merlotte and has several local employees. It is first seen in Season 1. It is located in Bon Temps, Louisiana.|
Merlotte's Bar and Grill, owned by Sam Merlotte, is a popular local hangout for residents of Bon Temps, Louisiana. Sam once said that he opened it as a place for people to come, sit down, and not have to dance.
Merlotte's tends to have a very poor record of service; many of its employees, including Tara Thornton and Arlene Fowler Bellefleur, are rude to the customers on a regular basis. Others have ended up dead within weeks of each other, leading Arlene to be concerned that she would eventually be killed.
Sam has expressed relief that he has the only bar in town, otherwise very few people would actually come back to Merlotte's.
- Sam Merlotte (Owner)
- Arlene Fowler Bellefleur (Waitress)
- Holly Cleary (Waitress)
- Jessica Hamby (Waitress)
- Lafayette Reynolds (Cook)
- Sookie Stackhouse (Waitress)
- Terry Bellefleur (Cook)
- Big John (Cook) ("Strange Love")
- Jimmy (Busboy) (mentioned) (name known from when Tommy is shifted into Sam - shouts "Ay Jimmy, table 8s got no set ups") ("I Wish I Was The Moon")
- Tara Thornton, Bartender, quit after leaving Bon Temps.
- Tommy Mickens, Busboy, fired after he confronted Sam.
- Amy Burley, Waitress, killed by Drew Marshall
- Dawn Green, Waitress, killed by Drew Marshall
- Daphne Landry, Waitress, killed by Eggs under Maryann's influence
People who have died in and surrounding Merlotte'sEdit
- Mack Rattray - killed by Bill Compton in the parking lot
- Denise Rattray - killed by Bill Compton in the parking lot
- Nancy LeGuare (aka "Miss Jeanette") - killed by Maryann (body discovered in parking lot)
- Daphne Landry - killed by Maryann near the pond (body discovered in Merlotte's freezer)
- Benedict Talley (aka Eggs) - killed by Jason in the parking lot
- Franklin Mott - staked by Jason next to the trash bins
- Tommy Mickens - killed by Marcus Bozeman (died inside Merlotte's)