Michael McMillian (born October 21, 1978) is an American actor who plays Steve Newlin on True Blood. He was a starring cast member for the second season and a recurring guest star for the third season. He appeared in the last episode of the fourth season and rejoined the starring cast for the fifth season.
He is also known for his role as Henry Gibson on What I Like About You.
McMillian was born in Olathe, Kansas and grew up in Kansas City and Olathe, attending Blue Valley Northwest High School. He has said that during his teen years, he was not a "full-on nerd [but was] reading comic books ... wasn't good in sports" and "got picked on a lot".
McMillian attended Interlochen Arts Academy and Carnegie Mellon University, where he was spotted and signed by an agent after a showcase audition.
McMillian has acted in films and television shows and has contributed voice work to a number of video games. He garnered attention for his starring role in the independent film Dorian Blues, playing a young man struggling with his family's reaction to his coming out. He played Greg in the original pilot episode of Luis, but gave up the series in favor of making his then-recurring What I Like About You character, Henry Gibson, a regular. McMillian also penned an episode during the third season of What I Like About You. He also played the role of Harper in the TNT's Saved. His most recent film role was in Imagine That.
- Beauty and the Briefcase (2010) - Tom
- The Mentalist (2009) - Drew Abner (1 episode)
- Imagine That (2009) - Brock Pressman
- True Blood (12 episodes, 2008-2009) - Steve Newlin
- Dimples (2008) - Henry
- Scrubs (1 episode, 2007) - Patrick
- The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007) - Napoleon
- Saved (13 episodes, 2006) - Harper Sims
- Big Love (2 episodes, 2006) - Chad
- Without a Trace (1 episode, 2005) - Paul Cartwright
- What I Like About You (27 episodes, 2003-2005) - Henry Gibson
- Veronica Mars (1 episode, 2005) - Pete Kaminski
- Men of Valor (2004) (VG) (voice) - Hess
- Dorian Blues (2004) - Dorian Lagatos
- Miracles (1 episode, 2003) - Kevin Kettridge
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|