|"New World in My View"|
|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Air date||August 23, 2009|
|Written by||Elisabeth R. Finch, Kate Barnow|
|Directed by||Adam Davidson|
"I Will Rise Up"
Sookie, Bill and Jason return to Bon Temps to find the town in chaos. They return to Bill's house to find Hoyt and Jessica tending to Maxine, who is under the effects of Maryanne's power. Sam and Andy are tricked to coming to Merlotte's where the townsfolk trap them in a walk-in fridge. Jason goes to help Sam, and tricks the townsfolk into thinking he is the god they worship, and pretends to smite Sam who turns into a fly with his clothes on seemingly vanishing. Meanwhile, Bill and Sookie go to Sookie's house to find Maryann, who attacks Sookie. Sookie learns that Maryanne is the creature who attacked her in the woods. Bill attempts to bite Maryanne but finds her blood is toxic to him. Maryann seems intrigued with Sookie, who puts her hand off to push Maryanne away, and finds that a burst of light shines from her hand. Sookie and Bill go to Lafayette's and see Tara is still under Maryann's spell. Together, Bill and Sookie use a combination of Glamors and Telepathy to break the spell over Tara, and they learn that Maryann is a Maenad. Jessica, driven into a rage by Maxine's taunting, feeds on her. Bill goes to seek the vampire Queen of Louisiana, the one person who might know how to destroy Maryanne, but when he arrives he finds a bloody foot dangling from the throne
"Lady, you have no idea how little control I have over my actions!
You also do not know I have not eaten in days!"
― Jessica Hamby, to Maxine Fortenberry
Sookie slowly walks down the stairs from the roof after witnessing Godric's death. She stops in front of Eric's suite, its door ajar, and walks in to witness him sitting on his bed shirtless with bloody tear streaks on his face and chest. She approaches him, calling out his name. He replies, "Godric is gone." Sookie stands in front him and says that she knows and how sorry she is. She places her hand under his chin, lifts his face up to look at hers and, leaning down, kisses both his cheeks.
He looks up surprised, gently grasps her hand, pulls her down and kisses her. She returns the kiss as he places her on his bed. As he reveals his fangs and is about to bite her on the neck, Sookie wakes in the car with Jason who seemingly knows she has been having some inappropriate dreams. Sookie, Bill, and Jason return to Bon Temps to find the town in chaos. They return to Bill Compton's house to find Hoyt and Jessica tending to Maxine who is under the effects of Maryann's power.
Maryann arrives at the police station and releases all the townspeople. Sam and Andy are tricked into coming to Merlotte's where the townsfolk trap them in a walk-in fridge. Jason goes to help Sam and tricks the townsfolk into thinking he is the god they worship. Jason pretends to smite Sam who, with his clothes on, turns into a fly and seems to disappear scaring the townsfolk along with Jason and Andy.Meanwhile, Bill and Sookie go to Sookie's house to find Maryann who attacks Sookie. Sookie learns that Maryann is the creature who attacked her in the woods. Bill bites Maryann but finds her blood is toxic to him. Maryann seems intrigued with Sookie, who puts up her hand to push Maryann away and finds that a burst of light shines from her hand, knocking Maryann backward. Sookie and Bill flee while Maryann gleefully ponders what Sookie is.
They go to Lafayette's and see Tara is still under Maryann's spell. During this time, Lafayette is interrupted by a young sorority girl named Nikki who is looking for V. Bill and Sookie use a combination of glamours and telepathy to break the spell over Tara, and they learn that Maryann is a Maenad.
Jessica, driven into a rage by Maxine's taunting, feeds on her.
Bill goes to seek the vampire Queen of Louisiana (Sophie-Anne Leclerq), the one person who might know how to destroy Maryann, but, when he arrives to Sophie's day room, he finds a bloody foot dangling from the throne.
- This episode currently hasn't received any awards.
- When Terry takes Andy's gun from him, he mentions stress inoculation. Stress inoculation is a method of psychotherapy that attempts to prepare a patient to handle stressful situations with minimum upset.
- Lafayette: "She don't need no backwoods witch. She needs Thorazine and padded cell."
- Thorazine, the brand name of Chlorpromazine, is an antipsychotic that was used primarily in the treatment of schizophrenics. It is rarely used now because there are similar drugs with better effectiveness that are tolerated better by patients
- The prayer that is said by Tara's mom and Lafayette is from Psalms 103:1-4. There are some variations depending on the religious denomination and the bible that is read:
- Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion
- Bless the LORD, O my soul,
Bloopers and Continuity ErrorsEdit
- There are no bloopers that occur in this episode.
- There are no continuity notes for this episode.
- There are no miscredits that occur in this episode.
- "Sweet Hon" - Abaco Music
- "Baby You Ain't Lookin Right" - Powersolo
- "Hello Walls" - Faron Young
- "Vamp Vamp" - James Combs
- "Blood" - Band of Skulls
- "New World in my View" - King Britt
- There are no production notes available for this episode.
- There are no notes on the title based on this episode.
- "Oh, thank god you're home. She's gone like totally bat-shit!"
- "This has got to be the worst motherfuckin' intervention in history."
- "She don't need no backwoods witch. She needs Thorazine and a padded cell."
- (as Bill Compton is biting her): "Ravage me!" (Bill begins to puke up black blood)
- "None of your business!"
- "He's comin.' He's on his way, and he's gonna kill... us... all!"
- "Bulls**t, God has horns!"
- Chris Bauer as Detective Andy Bellefleur
- Mehcad Brooks as Eggs Talley
- Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette Reynolds
- Michelle Forbes as Maryann Forrester
- Todd Lowe as Terry Bellefleur
- Jim Parrack as Hoyt Fortenberry
- Carrie Preston as Arlene Fowler Bellefleur
- William Sanderson as Sheriff Bud Dearborne
- Alexander Skarsgård as Eric Northman
- Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby
Special guest starringEdit
|True Blood Season 2|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >> • Season 4 >> • Season 5 >>|
|#01 "Nothing but the Blood"||#07 "Release Me"|
|#02 "Keep This Party Going"||#08 "Timebomb"|
|#03 "Scratches"||#09 "I Will Rise Up"|
|#04 "Shake and Fingerpop"||#10 "New World in My View"|
|#05 "Never Let Me Go"||#11 "Frenzy"|
|#06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"||#12 "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"|