Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RevenantOnes.com was a site created by a group of Japanese vampires following the synthesis of Tru Blood. The site hosted a secret debate about Tru Blood and the integration of vampires into the human world. The site was ran by a vampire calling himself the Gatekeeper.
Access to the site was made through an invitation written in one of four different archaic languages: Akkadian Cuniform, Hieratic, Punic and Ugaritic. Once translated the invitation would read as:
Thank You For Answering The Call And Joining Us.
But What It Means To Us Is Almost Beyond Words.
Tru Blood can sustain us. The Bonds of Blood Will No Longer Hold Us Hostage.
A number of invitations made their way into human hands, and some joined the debate. Other means of accessing the site were found in various newspapers as classified ads written in the same Ugaritic language.
Version 1: 2008 - 2008Edit
The first of fifteen companion websites built by HBO, the site consisted of threads through a message forum setting that began the debate of vampires "mainstreaming" or integrating into the human world.
Version 2: 2009 - 2011Edit
The site was only used as a redirect that led the viewer to the BloodCopy.com website.
After the debate concluded, the site was shut down as the clan leaders that met in New Orleans felt that preserving the record of the debate in public view could be a security risk for some.
One final message was posted at the site's closure:
- We stand at a junction, looking out at what we have always been and what we have yet to become. This electronic gathering will serve as a way to decide which direction is the correct path.
- The catalyst for change is a new invention by the humans, still in its testing phase. Tru Blood is a synthetic blood substitute, created to exactly mimic the real thing. It is a boon for them. No longer will the wounded be forced to rely on strangers for help. Kindness and generosity have always been random players in the field of human endeavor. Tru Blood takes some of their power away.
- For Tru Blood is such a good copy that, for the first time, we no longer need to rely on the living for survival. The equation has been changed. We have the opportunity to become our own masters, no longer forced to take that which we need.
- But this evolution is not without its price. How will it shape our destiny? Is the cost of coming out of the shadows too great? What will it do to who we are? Tru Blood offers us a new way. It is up to you, to all of you, to decide if we should go through the doorway.
- Oyasumi nasai,
- Nakatomi Clan Leader, Tokyo
- RevenantOnes.com was part of a viral marketing/alternate reality game (ARG) campaign, based at Blood Copy. This included setting up multiple websites, encoding web address into unmarked envelopes mailed to high profile blog writers and others, and even performances by a "vampire" who attempted to reach out to others of their kind, to discuss the recent creation of "Tru Blood".
Appearing as a standard message board, the site contained four message forums, each with a series of relevant threads. As with most companion websites, comments could not actually be added by the user, but were in fact written by HBO, meaning each is "official".
- You can Not post new topics in this forum
- You can Not reply to topics in this forum
- You can Not edit topics in this forum
- You can Not write to this forum
- Tru Blood
- The Leaders
Forum: Tru BloodEdit
|So‚ delish or disgusting?||5||55||Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:56 am|
|Research Success!||3||91||Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:41 pm|
|There Will Be No Monopoly||4||92||Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:16 pm|
|Yum, yum||4||106||Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:29 pm|
|HIDDEN AGENDA||7||173||Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:39 am|
|Sample Delivery Schedule||4||170||Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm|
|O-Neg is not so terrible||2||57||Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:05 pm|
|Tru Blood arrives here in Sweden||10||120||Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:40 pm|
|Additional flavors||2||106||Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 am|
|O-Neg. Huh.||4||106||Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:50 pm|
|Tru Blood's Origin||5||256||Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 am|
|→Trouble||Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:10 am||Spill it, kids. Where did this 'TruBlood' stuff come from?|
|→Damo||Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:14 am||It was a discovery by accident by us, but already in first trials by humans when we learned of it. A company in Japan is developing artificial blood and expects to make a considerable income in coming years. We learned of this development through our interests in biomedical and pharamceutical holdings. Of course we moved immediately to secure this development for our kind.|
|→Neiko||Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:55 am||This has already been discussed, Trouble.|
|→Nuit99||Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:24 am||Where "Secure this development" is your way of saying "keeping it a trade secret to screw everyone else." I can read the writing on the wall.|
|→Neiko||Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:01 pm||This securing is only a matter of purchasing significant interest in the company to ensure continuing access to research and processes as they are developed.|
|→Arafai||Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 am||Yes, we see. Only a matter of significant interest. Actions speak louder than words, Neiko, no matter how sweet the words may be.|
|Questions Questions||1||568||Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:05 pm|
|→Lowe||Wed May 21, 2008 12:14 pm||Sending reps to Japan is fine and all, but I have many questions that can be answered very easily with this new forum. So how ‘bout it Tru Blood people?
|Price Point||0||143||Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 pm|
|what a JOKE||5||452||Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:37 pm|
|Even the humans know||4||244||Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:16 pm|
|Synthetic Blood?||4||365||Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:27 pm|
|time for a change||11||478||Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 am|
|A new flavor...||2||283||Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:49 pm|
|Tru Blood Questions||5||642||Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:24 am|
|Don't want to get F-A-T||5||703||Sat May 31, 2008 9:47 pm|
|→ EVA||Fri May 30, 2008 4:24 am||Do you think weight gain could be a side effect of this Tru Blood? I haven't kept my figure for this long just to lose it now.|
|→ GORDON||Fri May 30, 2008 5:04 am||This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Tell me you're joking.|
|→ SANDRA-JEAN||Fri May 30, 2008 5:45 am||I once thought I was a vain creature. Quelle surprise, this is not so much the case as I had feared, compared to you.|
|→ BlackEsther||Sat May 31, 2008 12:03 am||I remember when growing fat was a sign that good times had come. My mama was always after us to eat more so we could be fat enough to make it through lean years. We should have worse problems than that, honey.|
|→ EVA||Sat May 31, 2008 2:51 am||What's the point of false modesty? Anyway, can someone just answer my question?|
Forum: The LeadersEdit
The last forum, "The Leaders" led to a spot in which a password must be added in order to access messages posted in that forum. There appeared to be no way to access the forum, and it is likely that there wasn't actually anything to the forum, rather, it was a way for the site to psych the user into believing something grandiose was happening behind the scenes and that behind that page led a secret lair where vampire leaders were congregating and conversing about pressing worldly matters. It's usage will never be known or understood.