Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The Authority has overextended its reach. They command us to identify with our prey. Preach to us to love our food. This isn't some fucking romance novel – this is war. Do you think humans will ever tolerate vampires? If we kneel to them, they will cut off our heads. Synthetic blood? Honestly – we should be bottling their blood! You could been something, Eric. If I had made you instead of Godric, you would be a vampire of legend by now. I could have taught you what my maker taught me: the way of the Sanguinista. The true path of the vampire!"
- ―Remus, to Eric Northman
The Sanguinista Movement is a faction of vampires that believe in a literal interpretation of the Vampire Bible. Vampire fundamentalists, these vampires are opposed to mainstreaming, and desire to topple the Authority for its centuries of oppression. They also believe that vampires should dominate humans instead of coexisting in peace. According to Roman Zimojic the Sanguinista have made Russell Edgington into their hero after he ripped out a man's spine on live television. He has become the poster boy for the anti-mainstreaming movement, their "Osama Bin Laden", even though Edgington is not a Sanguinista and cares nothing for Lilith.
The Sanguinistas believe in the literal interpretation of the Vampire Bible, which states that humans are nothing more than food or nourishment for vampires. It also goes on to state that any form of relationship between vampires and humans is blasphemy. They have been referred to as fundamentalists by The Authority, and they consider this way of thinking to be a dead end.
Although Sanguinistas believe in the concept of "daywalking", they reject any attempt to pursue it, believing that Lilith intended her children to be creatures of the night and that fairies are abominations.
While the Authority and the Sanguinistas are idealistically opposed they do share a common belief in Lilith, who is considered to be the first vampire and is worshipped as a God.
- "There are factions inside the regime that have never been completely on board with the current agenda. Sheriff Northman knows what I'm talking about."
- ―Nan Flanagan to Bill and Eric[src]
After being fired from both the American Vampire League and the Authority, Nan Flanagan seeks to join the budding rebellion in order to escape the "True Death", and attempts to persuade Bill Compton and Eric Northman into joining her. (And When I Die)
- "Yes I believe Vampires were made in God's image, I believe that mainstreaming is an abomination, and I believe that Lilith will rise from the blood and rip your blasphemes fucking heads off, and dance in your muck."
- ―Nora Gainesborough to Rosalyn Harris[src]
Once Roman has been staked, Salome, Russell and Nora take control of the Authority. All other authority members proceed to join the Sanguinista movement. Some do so willingly, others out of fear. Only Dieter Braun openly refuses to join and is therefore beheaded by Russell.
- Remus and Godric's maker (destroyed)
- Remus (destroyed)
- Istvan (possibly)
- Remus' progenies
- Mary Stuart (destroyed)
- Salome Agrippa (former leader; destroyed)
- Rosalyn Harris (under duress; destroyed)
- Kibwe Akinjide (destroyed)
- Nora Gainesborough (formerly; defected; destroyed)
- Steve Newlin (formerly; destroyed)
- Nigel Beckford
- Eric Northman (formerly; under duress; defected)
- Bill Compton (destroyed/reborn)
- Alexander Drew (destroyed)
- Cat Ingerslev (destroyed)
- Elijah Stormer (possibly; destroyed)
- Russell Edgington (formerly; defected; destroyed)