|Season 2, Episode 3|
|Air date||June 28, 2009|
|Written by||Raelle Tucker|
|Directed by||Scott Winant|
"Keep This Party Going"
"Shake and Fingerpop"
An outraged Bill tells Sookie in no uncertain terms that she committed a grave error in letting Jessica visit her family. Hurt and upset, Sookie decides to walk the 20 miles home but doesn't get very far when she is attacked by a half-bull, half-man beast leaving huge gashes on her back. When his blood is unable to revive her, Bill turns to Eric for assistance and it's determined she has somehow been poisoned. Both of them are puzzled however by the beast that attacked her and have no idea what they may be up against. Once recovered, Sookie makes a deal for Lafayette's release. Maryann throws a big party but it's all a little too wild for Tara. Sam Merlotte wants to pack it in for a while and leave town. Wild child Jessica goes to Merlotte's bar where she meets Hoyt Fortenberry and they immediately hit it off. New waitress Daphne decides to go for a midnight swim with Sam and reveals something quite interesting.
...those were great pumps."
- Eric Northman, to Pamela Swynford de Beaufort
After glamouring Jessica’s family and beginning the drive back to Bon Temps, Bill and Sookie argue fiercely about the night’s events and Sookie storms out of the car. As she walks off, she is hunted down by a mysterious clawed creature with the head of a bull and the body of a human. It reaches her and viciously slashes her back thus leaving her paralyzed and poisoned. Bill rushes to Eric for help and, with the assistance of a goblin woman named Dr. Ludwig, Sookie is saved. Eric then sends Pam and Chow to the woods to find out what attacked Sookie and when they return, they tell him that it left human tracks but its smell was that of a beast.
At the Light of Day camp, Jason confesses his true feelings about vampires and bonds further with Sarah Newlin when he lets out some of his grief over his Gran and Amy`s deaths. She reveals to him that she used to be a vampire sympathizer but now suspects they murdered her sister. At Merlotte's, Jessica and Hoyt take a special interest in one another. Sam warns Tara to stay away from Maryann. Later, after snapping at Daphne, Sam decides to take off for a while.
At Fangtasia, Sookie takes Bill’s blood to heal and then discovers that Lafayette has been held in the basement. She manages to arrange for his freedom in exchange for helping locate the missing vampire Godric in Dallas.
Tara and Eggs' relationship hits a rough patch at one of Maryann’s parties when the guests become strangely sexual with one another, including Eggs and another girl. Bill and Sookie walk in on Jessica and Hoyt making out. Sam and Daphne make peace with one another. The episode ends with the revelation that Daphne's back appears to have deep scratches much like the ones Sookie got when the creature attacked her.
- Brigette Ellis, Ned Neidhardt, Bernhard Eichholz, Anthony Barlow, Sam Polin, Danielle Noe, Todd Masters & Daniel Rebert were nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Makeup for a Series, Miniseries, Movie or a Special.
- America's Next Top Model is a reality show that was created by Tyra Banks and premiered in 2003. The show is a modeling competition where young women go through various challenges and photo shoots. Each week one contestant is eliminated (sometimes more than one or none are eliminated). The last one standing receives a variety of prizes including a modeling contract and a photo spread in a magazine.
Oddly enough, although there have been contestants who have nose rings, there has never been an instance where a contestant got that piercing during the show.
Bloopers and Continuity ErrorsEdit
- There are no bloopers that occur in this episode.
- There are no continuity notes for this episode.
- There are no flashbacks that occur in this episode.
- There are no miscredits that occur in this episode.
- "Spell of Wheels" - Peter Case
- "Me Cai" - Pacifika
- "Shooting the Rapids" - 5 Alarm
- "Willin’ to Crawl" - Johnny Neel
- "What’s a Man To Do" - The Mule Newman Band
- "Sex and Candy" - Marcy Playground
- "When the Fire Starts to Burn" - Black Toast Music
- "Iced Ages" - DJ Acucrack
- "Power (Voodoo Version)" - King Britt Presents Sister Gertrude Morgan
- "Destiny Complete" - Mystic
- "Scratches"- Debbie Davis
- There are no production notes available for this episode.
- The title and the song of the episode probably allude to the clawed monster beast that slashed Sookie and probably Daphne.
- This episode hurls forward a general theme of control — makers controlling the vampires they’ve turned, Steve and Sarah controlling Jason, and Maryann trying to control just about everybody else.
- "I thought in over a thousand years I'd seen all there was to see."
- "If I want Sookie, I can simply take her."
- "Be careful you'll over cook her."
- "Pam, those were great pumps."
- "And may I add, that color suites you very well."
- "Your human is getting cocky."
- (in a rush, to Sam Merlotte) "I know, I know. I'm late. But Lisa decided to give Coby a nose piercing like she saw on America's Next Top Model and now he's got an infection."
Special guest starringEdit
|True Blood Season 2|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >> • Season 4 >> • Season 5 >>|
|#01 "Nothing but the Blood"||#07 "Release Me"|
|#02 "Keep This Party Going"||#08 "Timebomb"|
|#03 "Scratches"||#09 "I Will Rise Up"|
|#04 "Shake and Fingerpop"||#10 "New World in My View"|
|#05 "Never Let Me Go"||#11 "Frenzy"|
|#06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"||#12 "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"|