Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Shake and Fingerpop"|
|Season 2, Episode 4|
|Air date||July 12. 2009|
|Written by||Alan Ball|
|Directed by||Michael Lehmann|
"Never Let Me Go"
As per her deal with Eric, Sookie and Bill travel to Dallas to help find the missing head of the local vampire community. They take Jessica along but on arrival, the driver meeting them attempts to abduct Sookie. Maryann throws a party for Tara who has now moved into Sookie's house. A lot of people show up and once again she weaves her magic, revealing something interesting about herself in the process. Sam Merlotte isn't sure starting a relationship with Daphne is a good idea but she tells him she knows his secret. Lafayette is still recovering from his wounds when Eric makes him a proposition. Jason is still making an impression at Church camp and is asked to move in with Sarah and Steve Newlin.
"I gave you a very generous gift.
...The gift of not killing you."
― Eric Northman, to Lafayette Reynolds
Bill throws Hoyt out of his house, much to Jessica’s dismay. She storms off and Sookie Stackhouse suggests that it would be a good idea for Jessica to accompany them to Dallas. Bill reluctantly agrees. Tara decides to take up Sookie's offer to move into Sookie’s house and, although Maryann appears supportive and happy for her, she is secretly not pleased. Jason becomes the victim of a cruel practical joke orchestrated by the increasingly jealous Luke at the Light of Day Institute.
Jason then winds up having the last laugh when he is invited to move out of the dorms and stay with the Newlins in their lavish mansion. While there, the attraction between Sarah and Jason becomes more intense and Steve offers him a position in the Soldiers of the Sun – Steve’s “elite spiritual army.” It is revealed that Miss Jeanette, the woman found in Andy Bellefleur’s car, was murdered by the same creature that attacked Sookie.
After leaving her friendship with Sam on shaky turf, Sookie arrives in Dallas with Bill and Jessica. They fly using Anubis Air Airlines. A limousine driver, Leon, attempts to abduct her, but Bill manages to prevent the kidnapping. After glamouring Leon, Bill learns that he was acting on orders from the Fellowship of the Sun, though he does not know who specifically hired him.
Although he is suspicious that Eric simply wants to be able to keep track of him, Lafayette is compelled to take Eric’s blood to heal an infection developing in his wounds. Sookie, Bill and Jessica arrive at the lavish Hotel Carmilla, a hotel that caters specifically to vampires.
Back in Bon Temps, Tara is spending her birthday alone until Maryann shows up with Egg to throw her a surprise party and soon things are in full swing. Sam shows up with a gift to Tara from her mother and connects with Daphne who reveals to Sam that she “knows what he is”. Maryann throws Lettie Mae’s gift for Tara away. As the party grows more and more wild, Maryann moves off on her own in the forest and performs an incantation which suddenly causes the winds to stir up and her body to vibrate strangely.
This seems to somehow fill the entire party with an intense sexual energy, just like at her previous party. Maryann’s ritual culminates with her arms held deep in soil and then by transforming them into the same hideous clawed talons seen on the bull-headed beast, proving she was the one that attacked Sookie and with Tara and Eggs having sex. At the Hotel Carmilla, Bill and Eric meet and discuss the missing vampire sheriff Godric. Eric is concerned that if humans can capture a vampire as old and as powerful as Godric, then no one is truly safe.
Sookie is stunned when she encounters a bellhop named Barry who is also able to read minds.
- This episode currently hasn't received any awards.
- When checking into Hotel Carmilla, Bill is unable to describe his relationship with Jessica; so Sookie suggests calling Jessica his ward--"Like Dick Grayson." This is an allusion to the description of Dick Grayson (Robin) to billionaire Bruce Wayne (Batman).
- Anubis Air Airlines: This is a reference to Anubis, the Egyptian god associated with mummification and the afterlife. Anubis was also believed to protect the dead and guide them to the afterlife, so it is fitting that an airline that caters to the needs of vampires would take the name of Anubis.
- "Shake and Fingerpop": This is an allusion to the song "Shake and Fingerpop" by Jr. Walker The All Stars.
Bloopers and Continuity ErrorsEdit
- Near the beginning Jason's shirt has the third button apparently undone. His shirt is then magically buttoned back up as the scene continues.
- Tara goes to visit Lafayette, and he goes to the door to let her in, but he pretends to turn an already unlocked deadbolt.
- There are no continuity notes for this episode.
- There are no flashbacks that occur in this episode.
- There are no miscredits that occur in this episode.
- "Beni Beni (Acoustic)" - Niyaz
- "Wrong Path" - 5 Alarm
- "Walkin’ in the Shadow of the Blues"- Little Charlie & the Nightcats
- "Rhythm Bound" - Steve Byers
- "Louisiana Hot Sauce" - Sammy Kershaw
- "Nowhere to Go" - Black Toast Music
- "Shake and Fingerpop" - Junior Walker and the All Stars
- "The Duel With The Skeleton" - Bernard Herrmann
- "Dig" - Headbone ft. The Tense Young Man
- "Finale" - Bernard Herrmann
- "The Forgotten People" - Thievery Corporation
- "House Party" - Nathan Barr
- "Watch My Mouth" - Cazwell
- There are no production notes available for this episode.
- Apart from being an allusion to the song "Shake and Fingerpop" by Jr. Walker The All Stars the title and the song of the episode have a strong sexual meaning on Jason's attraction to Sarah and what really happens with Maryann's party at Sookie's house.
- There is currently no trivia associated with this episode.
Jessica Hamby: "Is it my fault my fangs come out when I get turned on?"
Maryann Forrester: (to Tara) "Go, flourish and don't ever say 'no' to yourself."
Sookie Stackhouse: "I've always loved these things. They're like booze for dolls!"
Eric Northman: "I hope you will enjoy your blood substitute which is costing me $45."
Bill Compton: "Oh, I have no intention on drinking it. I just want you to pay for it."
Eric Northman: "Oh, you're so mature."
|Episode #||Episode Title||Viewers (in millions)|
|#2.04 (16)||"Shake and Fingerpop"||3.90|
|True Blood Season 2|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >> • Season 4 >> • Season 5 >>|
|#01 "Nothing but the Blood"||#07 "Release Me"|
|#02 "Keep This Party Going"||#08 "Timebomb"|
|#03 "Scratches"||#09 "I Will Rise Up"|
|#04 "Shake and Fingerpop"||#10 "New World in My View"|
|#05 "Never Let Me Go"||#11 "Frenzy"|
|#06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"||#12 "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"|