|"Shake and Fingerpop"|
|Season 2, Episode 04|
|Air date||12 Jul 2009|
|Written by||Alan Ball|
|Directed by||Michael Lehmann|
"Never Let Me Go"
Bill throws Hoyt out of his house, much to Jessica’s dismay. She storms off and Sookie Stackhouse suggests that it would be a good idea for Jessica to accompany them to Dallas. Bill reluctantly agrees. Tara decides to take up Sookie's offer to move into Sookie’s house and, although Maryann appears supportive and happy for her, she is secretly not pleased. Jason becomes the victim of a cruel practical joke orchestrated by the increasingly jealous Luke at the Light of Day Institute.
Jason then winds up having the last laugh when he is invited to move out of the dorms and stay with the Newlins in their lavish mansion. While there, the attraction between Sarah and Jason becomes more intense and Steve offers him a position in the Soldiers of the Sun – Steve’s “elite spiritual army.” It is revealed that Miss Jeanette, the woman found in Andy Bellefleur’s car, was murdered by the same creature that attacked Sookie.
After leaving her friendship with Sam on shaky turf, Sookie arrives in Dallas with Bill and Jessica. They fly using Anubis Air Airlines. A limousine driver, Leon, attempts to abduct her, but Bill manages to prevent the kidnapping. After glamoring Leon, Bill learns that he was acting on orders from the Fellowship of the Sun, though he does not know who specifically hired him.
Although he is suspicious that Eric simply wants to be able to keep track of him, Lafayette is compelled to take Eric’s blood to heal an infection developing in his wounds. Sookie, Bill and Jessica arrive at the lavish Hotel Carmilla, a hotel that caters specifically to vampires.
Back in Bon Temps, Tara is spending her birthday alone until Maryann shows up with Egg to throw her a surprise party and soon things are in full swing. Sam shows up with a gift to Tara from her mother and connects with Daphne who reveals to Sam that she “knows what he is”. Maryann throws Lettie Mae’s gift for Tara away. As the party grows more and more wild, Maryann moves off on her own in the forest and performs an incantation which suddenly causes the winds to stir up and her body to vibrate strangely.
This seems to somehow fill the entire party with an intense sexual energy, just like at her previous party. Maryann’s ritual culminates with her arms held deep in soil and then by transforming them into the same hideous clawed talons seen on the bull-headed beast, proving she was the one that attacked Sookie and with Tara and Eggs having sex. At the Hotel Carmilla, Bill and Eric meet and discuss the missing vampire sheriff Godric. Eric is concerned that if humans can capture a vampire as old and as powerful as Godric, then no one is truly safe.
Sookie is stunned when she encounters a bellhop named Barry who is also able to read minds.
- When checking into Hotel Carmilla, Bill is unable to describe his relationship with Jessica; so Sookie suggests calling Jessica his ward--"Like Dick Grayson." This is an allusion to the description of Dick Grayson (Robin) to billionaire Bruce Wayne (Batman).
- Name of airline: Anubis Air Airlines. This is a reference to Anubis, the Egyptian god associated with mummification and the afterlife. Anubis was also believed to protect the dead and guide them to the afterlife, so it is fitting that an airline that caters to the needs of vampires would take the name of Anaubis.
- Episode title: Shake and Fingerpop. This is an allusion to the song "Shake and Fingerpop" by Jr. Walker The All Stars.
Bloopers and continuity errorsEdit
- Near the beginning Jason's shirt has the third button apparently undone. His shirt is then magically buttoned back up as the scene continues.
- Tara goes to visit Lafayette, and he goes to the door to let her in, but he pretends to turn an already unlocked deadbolt.
- "Beni Beni (Acoustic)" - Niyaz
- "Wrong Path" - 5 Alarm
- "Walkin’ in the Shadow of the Blues"- Little Charlie & the Nightcats
- "Rhythm Bound" - Steve Byers
- "Louisiana Hot Sauce" - Sammy Kershaw
- "Nowhere to Go" - Black Toast Music
- "Shake and Fingerpop" - Junior Walker and the All Stars
- "The Duel With The Skeleton" - Bernard Herrmann
- "Dig" - Headbone ft. The Tense Young Man
- "Finale" - Bernard Herrmann
- "The Forgotten People" - Thievery Corporation
- "House Party" - Nathan Barr
- "Watch My Mouth" - Cazwell
Apart from being an allusion to the song "Shake and Fingerpop" by Jr. Walker The All Stars the title and the song of the episode have a strong sexual meaning on Jason's attraction to Sarah and what really happens with Maryann's party at Sookie's house.
- (To Tara) "Go, flourish and don't ever say 'no' to yourself."
- "Is it my fault my fangs come out when I get turned on?"
- "You are gonna be SO sorry when I get an Eating Disorder."
- "You're walkin' in my shoes, and it's givin' you blisters."
- "I've always loved these things. They're like booze for dolls!"
- "I hope you will enjoy your blood substitute which is costing me $45."
- Bill: "Oh, I have no intention on drinking it. I just want you to pay for it."
- Eric: "Oh, you're so mature."
|True Blood Season 2|
|<< Season 1||Season 3 >> • Season 4 >> • Season 5 >>|
|#01 "Nothing but the Blood"||#07 "Release Me"|
|#02 "Keep This Party Going"||#08 "Timebomb"|
|#03 "Scratches"||#09 "I Will Rise Up"|
|#04 "Shake and Fingerpop"||#10 "New World in My View"|
|#05 "Never Let Me Go"||#11 "Frenzy"|
|#06 "Hard-Hearted Hannah"||#12 "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"|