Shreveport is the third-largest city and the principal city of the third largest metropolitan area in Louisiana, as well as being the 109th largest city in the United States.Shreveport was founded in 1836 by the Shreve Town Company, a corporation established to develop a town at the juncture of the newly navigable Red River and the Texas Trail, an overland route into the newly independent Republic of Texas and, prior to that time, into Mexico.
The name 'Shreveport' is derived from two different words. Shreve comes from Middle English and is an occupational name for a 'sheriff'. Port also comes from Middle English and means 'gateway' or 'entrance'.
- Fangtasia, vampire bar and primary location of sheriff Eric Northman.
- Moon Goddess Emporium, an occult shop previously owned by the late Marnie Stonebrook - Marnie and her coven of witches used to gather here.
- Styx River Suites Hotel, a vampire hotel.
- Dorchester Hotel, where the Festival of Tolerance took place.
- Styx River Suites Hotel, a hotel that specializes in accommodating vampires.