Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It talks about her "school" "classmates" when I recall that she was homeschooled. Shouldn't it be Jessica Fortenberry-Hamby now?
- No. They are not legally married. Jessica is also never credited as that title, and will remain Jessica Hamby. Even so, it would be "Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry", but it doesn't matter. Her page will also remain protected, do to this constant edit. QueenBuffy 15:37, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
Please add a Season 7 section. Thanks.
Change her age. she was turned at 17 in 2008. At the end of the season 7 timejump they are in 2014 so that would make her total age 24, not 20 after 6 years as a vampire.
- Done. :)
- In her blog, she identifies herself as Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry. It is literally the last sentence of all her blogs. You can check up on this on babyvamp-jessica.com. Besides, she considers herself married to Hoyt, even if the state doesn't recognize it, so she would have taken his name.
- Also, why is this the only protected page on the wiki?
- This isn't the only protected page on the wiki. Several others are too, as they were victims of severe vandalism a couple of years back. The page Eric Northman is another "fully protected" page. Yes, we know she identifies as Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry... I've organized the posts off of every companion website created for the series. You can find all of her blog posts here: BabyVamp-Jessica.com. The reason for not changing her name is simple - she spent so much more time throughout the series as Jessica Hamby and it wasn't right there until the very end that she changed her name. So many people wouldn't find her. Sadly we went through the same thing last year on the Southern Vampire Mysteries wiki where Sookie Stackhouse's page was named "Sookie Merlotte". It isn't until the end of the series that Sookie married Sam and became Sookie Merlotte. Several people couldn't find Sookie's page and thought that the "Merlotte" reference was too big of a spoiler, especially for people who hadn't finished the series. At the time we made the decision on this page to do the same thing. Eliminate potential spoilers and ambiguity when searching. I guess I could always do a redirect page for the time being... Anyway, that said, make sure you sign all talk page posts by pressing the tilde key (~) four times at the end of your message... - (talk) 01:13, March 29, 2016 (UTC)
I'm surprised no one's pointed this out yet, but Bill had already released Jessica way back in Season 3, after he escaped from Russell's mansion. Is it so hard for the writers to keep track of the continuity that they created. I can't believe that they actually got away with airing this garbage, and that no one caught onto this blunder! 22.214.171.124 16:52, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh we noticed, trust me! lol. Pretty awful. QueenBuffy 17:04, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
- It's almost as bad as when they established Nora as being 600 in Season 5, and then showed a flashback to her human life that made her several hundread years younger in S6! Not quite as bad, but still pretty embarrassing for "professional writers". By the end TB was without a doubt the worst drama show to be shown on a major network. 126.96.36.199 17:24, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
I've often wondered why they went so far off course. They are on HBO for crying out loud, they could have been so dark with the writing and gone so many places-- yet the show got SO campy and lackluster. You are given HBO as your platform, and you do THIS with it? Shame. I always said I wished True Blood could have been darker, more twisted with a more Bram Stoker feel to it, but nahh, wasn't going to happen. Instead we just get an oversexed, campy fluff version of some CW type vampire show. QueenBuffy 17:35, August 25, 2014 (UTC)
One thing about Jessica that always struck me as a particular problem for her as a vampire is that she was a virgin when she was turned. That means, and was implied to mean that every time she has sex, her hymen self-repairs and has to be broken again and again every time she has sex.
I'm somewhat surprised that this doesn't turn her off to men completely.