|No. of discs||5|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Release date||May 19, 2009|
|Box Set Chronology|
The Complete Second Season
True Blood: The Complete First Season box set is the first DVD compilation of episodes of the HBO original series True Blood. It features the 12 hours of show produced as part of True Blood Season 1, as well as a number of other special features. The DVDs were released May 19, 2009 in the United States, and the Blu-ray Disc set was released on on the same day.
Vampires have come out of the coffin and are now living among us. Surviving on synthetic blood, they no longer need human blood to survive. Or so it seems... The small town of Bon Temps, Louisiana boasts a wide array of colorful locals. Meet Sookie Stackhouse (Academy Award winner Anna Paquin), a sweet and innocent waitress who hides her powerful ability to read minds; Bill Compton, a 173-year-old vampire who's just moved back to town; Sookie's brother Jason, a ladies' man who can't seem to stay out of trouble; tough-as-nails Tara, Sookie's loyal best friend; Sam, the owner of Merlotte's who tries to keep his feelings for Sookie to himself; Lafayette a man about town who's always cooking up something illicit and off the menu and a quirky cast of characters who each hide their dark secrets in the shadows of night in the series that's like no other.
- "Strange Love" (00:00)
- "The First Taste" (00:00)
- "Mine" (00:00)
- "Escape from Dragon House" (00:00)
- "Sparks Fly Out" (00:00)
- "Cold Ground" (00:00)
- "Burning House of Love" (00:00)
- "The Fourth Man in the Fire" (00:00)
- "Plaisir D'Amour" (00:00)
- "I Don't Wanna Know" (00:00)
- "To Love Is to Bury" (00:00)
- "You'll Be the Death of Me" (00:00)
- "In Focus: Shedding Light on Vampires in America": a mock-u-mentary about vampires in America;
- "Tru Blood beverage ads": French and American "Tru blood" beverage ads;
- "Vampire service ads": ads for vampire dating, vampire hotels and lawyers that service vampires;
- "Public service announcements": both pro- and anti-vampire rights;
- Six Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including executive production and creator Alan Ball, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer.
The Complete First Season comes with built-in subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Brazilian.
Blu-ray Disc ExclusivesEdit
Best Buy BonusesEdit
By buying the Complete First Season on either DVD or Blu-ray, the retail giant Best Buy offered an exclusive True Blood t-shirt. T-shirts were only available for a limited time, as supply was limited to a first come, first served, kind of basis. The T-shirt was red, and consisted of a common Season 1 promotional slogan: "Real Blood is for Suckers".