Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, sheriffs can access a few additional functions.
This Wiki's Sheriffs
Founder - inactive
Part-time admin only
Additional functions include:
- Editing articles properly and adding images properly on a weekly basis.
- Keeping articles up-to-date with new episode information.
- Deleting/un-deleting pages, page histories, and rolling back wrong edits.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or auto-confirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
Additional functions include:
- Make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
- Give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Bureaucrats are currently not able to remove admin status from any user; please contact one of the community team if you need that done.
Staff and Janitors
- Limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes.
- Shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia.
Please see Help:Contacting Wikia for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Becoming a sheriff
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "True Blood Wiki:Requests for adminship".
On this Wiki, you can request on a bureaucrat's talk page. Request for nomination answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to become a sheriff?
- Have you been a major contributor for this wiki? If yes, link your contribution page.
- If you were to become an administrator, how would it benefit this wiki?
- Can you provide reference from a veteran user and/or links of other Wikias you've contributed to?
(Please note that no answer is wrong and will not immediately disqualify you from becoming a sheriff)
After your request, a discussion between current sheriffs will take place and a decision will eventually be made. If your request is denied, you may try again at a later date.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become a sheriff or adopt the wiki, please contact the community staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on who should become an admin, whether it be one of you, or all of you.
Using administrator powers
Ideally a sheriff shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal sheriff is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Sheriff powers should be used for:
- Keeping the Wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits.
Sheriff powers should 'not' be used for:
- Settling editing disputes (to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism).
- Ending simple disagreements between users acting in good faith.
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.