Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions include:
- Editing articles properly and adding images properly on a weekly basis.
- Keeping articles up-to-date with new episode information.
- Deleting and un-deleting pages, page histories, and rolling back wrong edits.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or auto-confirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, they are not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community team if you need that done.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Staff and Janitors
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see Help:Contacting Wikia for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
- The Scourge - Founder
- Buffymybasset - Bureaucrat (Active)
- Jayden Matthews - Bureaucrat (Active)
- Opark 77 (Active)
How do I use administrator powers?
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "True Blood Wiki:Requests for adminship". For now, in a bureaucrats talk page, request for nomination answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to become an administrator?
- Have you been a major contributor for this wiki? If yes, link your contribution page.
- If you were to become an administrator, how would it benefit this wiki?
- Can you provide reference from a veteran user and/or links of other Wikias you've contributed to?
(Please note that no answer is wrong and will not immediately disqualify you from becoming an administrator)
After your request, a discussion between current administrators will take place and a decision will eventually be made. If your request is denied, you may try again at a later date.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator or adopt the wiki, please contact the community staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on who should become an admin, whether it be one of you, or all of you.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.