Hi, you seem to be the head admin here, so I thought I'd mention that some (most) of the episodes articles need help. The articles are extremely poorly written, and are moreso novelizations of the episodes than summaries. I've seen articles for full length movies that are half the size of some of the episode articles. I did a good deal of editing on the At Last article to remove information not important to the plot summary, as well as fixing links and moving around the pictures to reflect the shorter synopsis. I also removed this image because it violates Wikia's rules dealing with nudity in images, and isn't even sort of important to the article. I figured I'd edit the one article so you could see what it looked like after having been worked on and then say if you like it or not. It took me over an hour to fix it up, and I'd prefer not to work on any more articles if the edits just end up being reverted. As it is, I already had an edit on the Niall page that was reverted with no explanation.
Thanks for your time!
- Hi Alessa. I appreciate your concerns, and, of course am very happy to for you to bring articles up to scratch where necessary. This wiki is currently in a period of major transition, as it was abandoned by the previous admin team, and left idle for over a year, where it was heavily vandalised, spammed etc. We're working very to undo the the damage and get the wiki back on track, so any and all help you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm sorry that your good edits we're needlessly reverted. I will have a word with the individual responsible.
- Thanks for your reply! I can't do a ton of work because I have several other wikis that I need to keep up with, but I'll do as much as I can.
- Also, I find the way this wiki uses image categories to be a bit confusing. Could you check this image and tell me if I added the correct categories? I usually check the images on any page I edit and add categories if I find them lacking, but I want to make sure I do it right. AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions
- Alright, I'll work on adding licensing and summaries to each image I come across (I assume you mostly fall back on the Fairuse licensing here?). I have two other questions that popped up after looking over your image galleries (I swear, I'm not trying to bug you!).
- I'm curious as to why the Gallery pages are used at all, when it would be much simpler to hook the image category for each character into the main image galleries category. Because the galleries have to have images manually added, there runs a chance that some images could be missed, and makes categorizing the characters somewhat useless. Having both the Gallery pages and the image categories seems redundant, as they both serve the same purpose. It's not a big deal, just something I noticed while trying to figure out how you folks do images.
- The second question is in regards to images of minor characters. Looking through the images of Nicole, I noticed there is no category for her images. Are categories reserved only for major characters, or should I create one for Nicole's images?
- Thanks again for your time! You've been super helpful! :) AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions
- Hey, you can bug me all you like, that's what I'm here for. For screencaps I generally use "permission", but fairuse works just as well. You're 100% right about the galleries, and one of my personal ambitions is to expunge them from this site! Such as task will have to wait until season 6 is over, though, as we're all just too busy. Sure Nicole can have an image cat. I'll message you shortly about the summaries.-- 10:00, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, I have a designer friend who is helping me out with these new page layouts, I know you want everyone to discuss, so I am letting you know I am going to test it out on Sookie's page, see if you like it. It should be up in about 30 mins-1hr. (Sorry for the sig, will work on making it smaller) - Chrys
Chrys' demotion Edit
Sorry to see that Chrys did not live up to the expectations that's needed for an administrator, but I'm glad you explained to her the reasons for your decision. Though you and I have no communication, I'll stand behind your choice in the matter. She had her chance. Maybe she'll learn from this in the end. Take care.--Zepwik (talk) 07:41, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Zepwik! Nice to meet you (finally). Thank you for the support in this matter. It wasn't a decision I took lightly, but I do think it was the right one. A lot of people try to persuade me not to unblock her at all, but I wanted to give her a chance, as she seemed very eager to help, and the wiki was in dire need of editors. Fortunately she has responded very calmly and maturely to being demoted, and so, of course will be allowed to continue as a regular user. Thanks again.-- 09:46, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
Edit from ChrysEdit
Hey there, just a quick question. Chrys asked me on my talk page to make an edit she could not make anymore. I've made the edit, but got curious why she wasn't an admin anymore. (been away for a few days). I stumbled upon your reference to her making edits to the site layout and I think this was one of them. I do not know for sure however since I'm not that familiar with coding. Could you please have a look at it and tell me if it's okay. Coleon (talk) 18:47, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
- The edit is for the new designs or whatever. I was gonna ask The Boy could we change them. I have some new categories I wanted to use, just in case. It is for "mainstream" (the characters and storylines), supernatural (powers and species), comics (for the comic books) and actors (for the actors of course). I'm gonna put the mainstream on Sookie's page real quick so you can see it.
- Hi Coleon (and Chrys). After much deliberation, and discussion with one of the other sheriffs, I came to the conclusion that Chrys wasn't using her admin powers in the right way. She's made some good edits, but she just doesn't have the right temperament to be a sheriff. I've explained in detail to her the reasons for this, and she has accepted them, and will be continuing as a regular contributor.
Regarding the page layouts... I'm asking everyone to put on hold anymore changes, and just to concentrate on keeping season 6 information up-to-date. Now really isn't the right time to have a complete over-haul of the site (not when we're all so busy) and I intend to have a focused community-wide discussion on the matter once the season is over. Thank you both for your hard work.-- 09:52, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
Season 6 Synopsis and Andy's kids Edit
Hey I just wanted to say i saw the message to you about what happened with the At Last article and the issues with the links. I had written the synopsis and I had placed the links in, someone came in after and placed the pictures and the pictures broke a lot of the links, the same thing happened with You're no good. I had tried to fix it and the changes reverted so i fixed it again and reloaded it and it seemed to take and the editing page kept switching between visual and source and i tried to add the links in both ways but it apparently didnt work.
I have been doing the base synopsis for all Season 6 episodes and granted they do get long winded I make sure that the facts are placed and of course I never figure that it won't be edited and infact I know it will be edited and I want that because I know I am not a perfect writer and someone can word something better or make things more to the point. So someone came in behind me and edited my synopsis as I figured someone would and the edits on At Last were concise for the most part there were several pieces that were added in that did not happen in the show, such as Jason going with Andy to Bill's house which did not happen. I went back and fixed the grammar and fixed certain things that did not happen or things that were important but left out back in but left the new edit 95% the same since I thought thats how things were done and they did a good job of keeping things to the point. I hope I am not wrong to think that I have been doing things correctly by creating the base synopsis the way that I have am I? I had actually been complimented on my detail from the get go. I have been making sure that there is a synopsis that is correct and linked by the time trubies wake up on monday. I again really hope I haven't been making things hard I thought I had been doing well actually but I really care about my work on here and I want it to do nothing but benefit this wiki.
For my main reason for writing to you is I was going to ask you about whether or not Andy's fae children have their own page, or were you all going to have their page as a smaller part of Andy's page. I realize there really isn't a whole lot of information on them but I was curious about it since they are characters and need some sort of alternate page to go to to get whatever information there is on them. If you could get back to me on that on either making a page or if there is one where is it because I didn't know =P
Thanks so much for your time!
- Hi Fleur, I'm the one who made the massive edit on At Last. My apologies for the errors on some of the things that happened in the episode; I could have sworn the scene of Andy at Bill's house had Jason too, but it seems I was mistaken. I did my best to make sure that pictures were moved around to match the shorter size of the article, and to ensure that all links were active. What I did was to remove massive chunks of details that simply don't belong in a proper synopsis, as well as to remove overlinking, which occurs when a single page is linked to more than once in an article. The idea is that a wikia synopsis should be just that - a synopsis - and not something closer to a short novel. I think it's absolutely great that you care for the wiki so much and are devoting so much time to it, and I am in no way trying to undermine any of your hard work, so please don't misunderstand my intentions. I very much look forward to having the opportunity to work with you in the future. :) AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions
- You are fine and I understood as I had said before I want to do the best work and regardless its always a group effort, but I did want to explain the issues with the photos and links on the episodes that broke. most of the episodes photos for season 6 have been done by ChrysieeBoo Lovely. But I did figure out that if a picture is put directly on a linked name without a space will break the link and make it a lot of fun to fix =P I will try to be more concise with my synopsis from now on I promise but i can get a little carried away and I know it. But I did want to clarify that the repetative edits on a few of the episodes was only because the links got broken and i was trying to fix them but it kept reverting the changes. As I said your writing was good but some mistakes I fixed but i wanted to show that I had no issues with the changes you made and i will try to rectify by trying to not be so detailed. There are just some things I find are key things that need to be explained to further the story along that I think should be included.
- Thanks for your clarification too! =)
- FleurDeLaCour (talk) 06:32, July 13, 2013 (UTC)
In the section Macklyn Warlow/Season 6 are absent his actions as Ben Flynn. I know that in earlier articles Warlow and Ben were separate but now that they have been brought together in the article you continue to treat Ben as an entity entirely separate (except At Last). Reading the page I noticed, however, I discovered that he could not change so if you could do something to you. -- Doctor William 17:22, July 14, 2013 (UTC)
Blog drama Edit
Hi Boy Who Cried Direwolf, I have a question about your recent decision to ban Chrysiee. Please do not think I'm questioning your authority; I most certainly am not. I can completely understand banning Chrysiee for her "wrinkles" comment on the blog, as that statement was very trollish in nature and she was sort of on probation. That said, why was The Dragon Demands not banned for his repeated harassment of her on the blog? The things he wrote were far worse than anything Chryssie said, and unlike Chryssie, his contributions history shows that he only came here to pick on someone he doesn't like. Yes, she left a message on his talk page, and that is likely what drew him here, but the message was not rude, and even if it was, it is no excuse for his flagrant disregard for this wiki's rules against harassment. I admittedly am not a big fan of Chryssie due to her extremely poor behavior in her Carlos Los Davis days on the Underworld wiki (I had to threaten to ban her repeatedly for ignoring the rules before she finally just left), but I feel that she was not the only one in the wrong on that blog. Thank you for your time, and please don't view this inquiry as being hostile in nature. You've been super patient and kind to me, and I thank you very much for your time in addressing all my questions and concerns. :) AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions 14:44, July 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey Alessa. Please feel free to question my authority whenever you feel I need it questioned;)
- Now, I don't want to seem like I'm playing favourites, but I know The Dragon Demands from the Game of Thrones Wiki: We're both admins there, so I know that what some people interpret as malice is really just sass:) It seems that Chrys has also caused considerable trouble/damage over at the Thrones Wiki, and elsewhere (something I was not aware of), and like you said, she instigated the drama with her original post. I asked her to leave the matter alone, and she refused. That being said, the most prudent, and damage limiting option was to temporarily block her while I speak to all parties concerned, and try and resolve the matter without further escalation.
- I'm also glad that you know Chrys from other wikis: I may ask your advice on how to proceed with her in the coming days (assuming that's okay, of course?)
- Finally, I feel I should point out that I've not been an admin for very long; either here, or on the Thrones Wiki. I can, have, and will get stuff wrong from time to time. Please bear with me.
- As always, your opinions and advice are highly valued, so feel free to message me anytime.
- Thank you for your response. I very strongly disagree with your viewpoint on The Dragon Demand's behavior. Repeatedly calling into question another user's intelligence, taunting her and begging for admins to ban her for daring to post a simple blog is straight up bullying, and should not be allowed on any wiki. I understand that Chryssie has caused many problems, but that doesn't make it okay for someone else to break the rules to retaliate against her. I know if someone talked to me like that, I would very much feel harassed, and I believe Chryssie has expressed this same sentiment on her talk page.
- I dealt with Chryssie for months on the Underworld wiki, and had to repeatedly talk to her because she ignored just about every single picture rule we had, lied about sources, harassed other users and even made a blog where she implied that she would make a better admin than me. That does not mean that it would be okay for me to attack her, even after she reverted one of my edits and did not reply when I questioned it on the talk page.
- If I were in your position, I would give Chryssie another chance because I do believe she is trying to change, and God knows she's come a long way from the girl who would leave messages like "Well, i didnt read that whole nonsense" on my talk page whenever I reprimanded her. However, I would be very clear that she needs to read the rules and policy pages thoroughly before she can return. I would also make sure she's neither harassing anyone, nor being harassed. The rules are the rules, no matter who a person is. I also do not think she's anywhere close to being admin material at this time, even if she is better than she used to be.
- Again, thank you for taking the time to answer me. You're doing absolutely great as an admin, and I would never have guessed you were new. :)
- P.S. Is there an official standing about links on this wiki? I know some wikis like lots and lots of links in their articles, while others specifically prohibit overlinking. I've been removing links that are already linked to in the article, but I want to make sure that's okay with you. AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions 20:35, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
I didn't really want to get involved in this so I will try to make it brief, I am not questioning your actions towards Chryssie but I am on Alessa's side when it comes to being quite shocked when Demands was not even told to leave it alone as well. From what I saw he has her name on his talk page and all his messages to her were harassment. You can say she started it by going to his page but all she did was ask for her name to be taken off his page, then it seems that as she started messing up with that whole blog thing which was her personal blog he comes on an starts attacking her there and it's obvious he followed her there and began harassing her. Chrys's actions should be punished but Dragons should be as well because why are two people breaking the rules but only one is getting punished. I said my peace and I love this wiki and you know I love you all but I did feel that chrys was put under a magnifying glass while demands was being treated like he could do no wrong when it was obvious he was stalking her pages and posting dirogitory stuff. I will check you all later! ^,..,^ FleurDeLaCour (talk) 01:22, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi girls. Thanks for chiming in Fleur:) I do appreciate and respect both your opinions, and am giving the matter serious consideration. Alessa, I don't want you to think I'm brushing the more important issue aside, but I just want to answer your second query here because, like I said I'd like time to give the first some serious thought. Anyway, we don't have any written rules about this, but personally I think an article shouldn't be linked more than once in an infobox, and never more than once per paragraph, if that. Hope I've helped, and I'll get back to you asap.-- 09:25, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
Chat lol Edit
I keep missing you on and off, usually when I am on here and on chat I do not have sound and so I forget and get to editing and then I check later and find people have been in and out and said hi but I missed them. I just wanted to tell you I wasn't ignoring you and I look forward to catching you in chat at the right time so we can talk! I just wanted you to know I wasn't ingnoring you. Although I think I am getting off for tonight, the synopsis is already a lot of work as it is but I am not feeling well so I am even more exhausted after finishing, Hope to see you on again soon! ^,..,^
- Hey Fleur. No worries at all; I figured you were probably busy writing the synopsis. Great work as always. Hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up during the week.-- 07:57, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
I remember that there was a heated discussion on the name and the existence of this species, however, I also remember that the name has been confirmed / used in the episode "The Sun" and the fact that they are a different species is made evident characteristics exhibited by Bill. Also, if the problem is the actual name of the species you could for example add a section called "Using the term" (as for the Originals on The Vampire Diaries) and also explain other more appropriate names (eg. Vampires First-generation). I personally know many fans who are waiting for the creation of this page and even more who would be willing to write it if it was not locked - Doctor William
- No, the problem is that you, and others are assuming that because Bill now possesses some new powers he belongs to an entirely new species (which, apparently, Lilith also belongs to, despite never displaying any of these abilities). I've said it before and I'll say it again: We are an encyclopaedia! We will not speculate; we will not jump the gun; will we not be creating any article devoted to this subject until the matter has been clarified on the show itself. Anyone disregarding any of the prior will be treated as a vandal, and blocked from editing.-- 07:57, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
Macklyn Warlow's AgeEdit
I see that you made an edit about Warlow's age. Since last night's episode shows Warlow being turned at 3500 BCE, his age was changed to 5500+. Due to an interview with Warlow's actor who stated that Warlow was 6000 years old, so you changed it to that. Warlow most likely is that old, but we don't know how long he lived as a Fae. And actor's interview's shouldn't really be trusted. In the past the actor for the vampire named Blackburn stated that his character was 1000 years old, but it was later showed that he wasn't even 100 years old. So interviews from the actors are dubious at best. That's why I feel that leaving the age at 5500+ is a little more accurate since it was revealed on the show.
I'm not saying you need to change his age at all, that is up to your discretion. Just from past experiences, those kind of interviews have been less than accurate in my book. Nameless Wikia contributer (talk) 13:12, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hey The Boy, a user asked me on my talk page why he couldn't create a page for season 7. My gues is this name is on the pagename banlist. I can't check it however, since I lost the link to that page. Could you check it for me or otherwise explain to the user why the page cannot be created.
True Blood's been renewed for a seventh season ( http://tvline.com/2013/07/15/true-blood-season-7-renewed-hbo/ ), yet a page for it can't be created on here since the title appears to be blocked :)
Thanks for the info. It's not blacklisted, so I'm not sure what's going wrong there. It could be that one of the other admins individually protected it. If so, you (Coleon) should be able to create it. Thanks again.-- 09:25, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanx for checking. I have created the page myself. It was indeed protected from creation by regular users. Coleon (talk) 14:01, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
Hey The Boy, a new name for Vampire God just popped up: Vampire Progenitor. This one was apperently not on the block list. Your opinion on it a.s.a.p. please. I'll protect it for the time being to prevent mayor editting.
The term is also used on the page of Bill Compton. It appears the term vampire god had been in that place for a while without us noticing. Maybe we should do a sweep through his, Warlow's and Lilith's page to see if there are any inconcistencies. Coleon (talk) 19:41, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. I've blacklisted it, but no doubt the "Vampire God" obsessed fans will come up with another variation before to long. Keep your eyes peeled:)-- 09:25, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
Huh, why did you block Chrysiee, what did she do, besides defend herself, the user on her blog was clearly harrasing her, but I don't see him blocked, it's petty, and your abusing your administrative powers,by foul blocking, you deserve your rights removed. Original Authority (talk) 19:34, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Original Authority.
All users involved in this incident are being dealt with, but Chrysiee was blocked because she directly violated an administrative warning. I was trying to resolve the matter without blocking anyone; I asked Chrysiee to leave the matter alone while I sorted it out, and she refused, hence the temporary block. She was already on probation from a previous, permanent ban, and has long history of appalling behaviour on this and several other wikis, including making death threats against this wikis other admins. All that being said, I think I'm being very lenient with her, wouldn't you?-- 09:32, July 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Chrysiee was making death threats? I find that hard to believe, that a girl would make death threats. Even if that's the case, though, did you really take it seriously? She was probably frustrated at the troll called Dragon who keeps harrassing her and trying to get her blocked indefinitely from every wiki she's a part of. Was she not an admin here? I believe she deserves a second chance, don't you? MercilessShredder (talk)
- He's saying she made death threats in the past, not now. And I agree, she does deserve another chance. AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions 22:01, July 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Everything is the truth. I have dealt with LovelyChrys for a VERY long time, and even had her name calling me in the past. She also made threats to a former Admin and even called him a F*g. Please do not bother us about this user anymore. We can handle it, thanks. QueenBuffy 06:00, July 22, 2013 (UTC)
- He's saying she made death threats in the past, not now. And I agree, she does deserve another chance. AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions 22:01, July 21, 2013 (UTC)
- MercilessShredder: I find it curious that you are so well informed of this situation, despite just having joined the wiki today, and having not made any edits yet! At no point did the The Dragon suggest that Chrys should be banned from every wiki she's ever been a part of; although I think he has done so in the past. How then do you know this?
QueenB: Didn't you say that Chrys impersonated a 12 year old boy once in an effort to sneak back on to this wiki?
Just a heads-up to all who have taken an interest in this debacle: I will be filling a "check user" request with Wikia, and if it turns out that Chrys is indeed trying to circumvent her block with a sockpuppet account she will be permanently banned without further discussion or debate.-- 07:06, July 22, 2013 (UTC)
- The Boy we need to have Merciless Shredder checked out to see if this is a sockpuppet of Chry's. QueenBuffy 12:32, July 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Buffy, I can confirm that that user is not a sockpuppet I've been in a chat with them both. Actually she thinks that he is a sockpuppet of TheBoy
- QueenBuffy: My apologies if I seemed bothersome, I and others are merely trying to point out a perceived injustice that bothers us.
- The Boy: Are you submitting the names of everyone who has spoken up in this matter, or just Merciless Shredder? AlessaGillespie Talk Contributions 22:31, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
Original Authority: Please stop trying to inflame this situation by whispering in peoples ears. It's in very bad taste and is incredibly unhelpful. Also, sign your posts.
Season 6 Edit
Can you give me your thoughts in my blog, I am very curious what you think. lol QueenBuffy 05:58, July 22, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, my name is Lloyd my screenname is LBF522 and this is mosty a question and a request. I love True Blood and viisit its wiki often but notice that there are no comments sections for characters or species. If its because of bad behavior on part of users, I can assure you from this user, I don't call namer or use vulgarity. I respect others opinions.
I wondered about whether Fairies attract people to them. I mean;
Jason has had his share of conquests including Jessica a vampire. Steve Newlan was a sick puppy though.
Sookie has attracted Bill, Eric, Alcide, and Ben/Warlow
And Warlow has attracted Sookie.
I could be wrong but it something I have wondered.
Thank you very much
Hi how are you i am new to this sorry for my english im a muslim.-bigredmonster
Hello. My name is Abe. I am sorta new. I was wondering which pages are locked.