Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Vampire Rights Amendment, also known as the VRA, is a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution, found on the HBO original series True Blood. The Amendment, if approved and ratified, would give vampires the same equal rights given to humans, but only in the United States.
One of the most important events of the Pro-VRA campaign was 2008's Tru Blood Rally in Washington, D.C.
The VRA has received strong opposition from freshman Congressman David Finch, other conservative elected officials, and organizations such as the Fellowship of the Sun. The main fear of the opposition is that recognizing equal rights to vampires would lead to the "vampirization" of America.
Vampire Rights MentionedEdit
- Vampires are able to own not only their own homes, but public spaces as well; Eric Northman, for example, owns Fangtasia.
- Vampires have their own hotels, such as Hotel Carmilla in Dallas, which caters to Vampires.
- Vampires have their own airline, Anubis Air Airlines, equipped with specialty coffins for flight.
- Vampires can also marry in some states, as we see Bill Compton proposing to Sookie Stackhouse.
- Vampires have the right to own businesses.
- Vampire curfew will be removed.